Monday, August 3, 2015

Watermelon nails

Hello lovelies!

Who likes watermelon? I love watermelon so today I have for you some watermelon nails. 


I really like how these look but they came out kind of sloppy. I thought I had time to redo them but I didn't. 

Anyway here's what I used for this design.


Bliss Kiss Simply Peel latex barrier
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sinful Colors No Text Red
Seche Vite top coat
Two shades of green acrylic paint
Black acrylic paint
Black eyeliner liquid pencil
No 2 striper brush
Kolinsky clean up brush
Latex free make up sponge

How to:

I applied two coats of OPI MBSW on my ring and middle finger and let that dry. Two coats of SC No Text Red on my pinky and index fingers and let that dry a bit as well. Added dots with black acrylic paint with the dotting end of my clean up brush to the red nails. Ley dry and then top coated.

To the other nails I applied Simply Peel to the the top part of the nail. I left sort of an upside down "v" shape free. I wish I had taken a pictures as I went a long! Below is a picture to try to explain what I mean.


After I applied the simply peel I let it dry and did a gradient with the red and white polish. Then I dabbed some green on the bottom part. Removed the simply peel and outlined the watermelon with black acrylic paint using my black liquid liner pen dipped in black acrylic paint (don't worry I don't use this on my eyes anymore lol). Added some black dots for the "seeds" and some dark green lines on the bottom part with my striper brush. 

Once everything was dry I cleaned up with my clean up brush and applied top coat to seal everything in.



I really hope this all makes sense to you guys! What do you think of this look? 

Thank you for reading! See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment