Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Waterfall Nails

Waterfall nails for #twinsietuesdaynailart hosted by @99probsbutmynailsaint1 I've done the technique called waterfall before but I wanted to do something different this time. 

I looked up some waterfall wallpapers and paintings and found one I really liked.

inspiration

It looks gorgeous! But there was no way my nails would come out like that so I changed up some of the colors and went with a sort of a painted look.

I started out with an off white base. I used two coats of OPI I Cannoli Wear OPI no top coat. 

i cannoli wear opi
OPI I Cannoli Wear OPI

Then I took out a lot of blue, green, white and purple polish along with some acrylic paint, some latex free makeup wedges and my brushes. 

I outlined where the waterfall would start and end and went off from there.

Waterfall nails

Here is the final result. The pose is super awkward for me but other than that I think it came out ok. What do you think?

Check out the tag #twinsietuesdaynailart on Instagram to see everyone who participated on this prompt.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment