Saturday, September 26, 2015

Glitter gradient

I haven't been feeling like doing any nail art lately. I've been so uninspired and as a result I've been wearing my manis much longer than usual.

So for this weekend I went with something super simple and sparkly. Nude base and glitter gradient tips. I feel like you can't go wrong with this combo.



Hmm new pose? I don't know maybe. What do you guys think?

Here are the polishes I used for this mani.
Left: OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre
Right: OPI In True Stefani Fashion

OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre is one of my favorite sheer nude polishes and OPI In True Stefani Fashion is my first go to glitter polish for glitter gradients.

I love those square glitters!
Macro OPI In True Stefani Fashion


Base coat and top coats used. I think I might need a new clean up brush soon!
From left to right: miracle nail, Seche Vite top coat, Zoya Armor top coat,
Salon Perfect Matte FX matte top coat, clean up brush, glitter placement tool

I've been using miracle nail, found at Dollar Tree, as my base coat the last few days. For me it works like a peel off base coat. After two-three days my manis just pop off.


I applied one coat of miracle nail first. Then I did three thin coats of You Callin' Me A Lyre, allowing some drying time inbetween coats. I topped that off with Zoya Armor top coat. I applied In True Stefani Fashion on the tips by dabbing the brush on the nail, then I slowly dragged the polish towards my cuticule but I was careful not to drag too much far up. I did this to all my nails. Then I dabbed a bit more glitter on the very tips. I did a bit of glitter placement to get the square glitters where I wanted. One final coat of Seche Vite top coat to smooth down the glitters. A bit of cleaning around my cuticules with my clean up brush and acetone and done.


For the accent nail I used silver holo hex glitters also found at Dollar Tree. I placed them in a dotticure pattern. I had to add a matte top coat because I couldn't get the pattern to photograph well. I did one coat of Salon Perfect Matte FX.

Hope you guys enjoyed this mani. Hopefully I'll have some Halloween nail art coming up soon! See you next time :)





20 comments:

  1. Nude and glitter gradient are my favs! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Glitter and nude is one of my fav combos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I have that glitter topper somewhere in my untrieds lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the glitter placement polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicate, pretty, simple, and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love classic elegant mani's, and never seem to do any myself. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant mani! I actually just picked up In True Stephanie Fashion when I was at IMATS last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are always so beautiful! I love this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how clean this is. A perfect manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really can't go wrong with a glitter gradient, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful and elegant mani, great job on it.

    ReplyDelete