Monday, August 24, 2015

Feather gradient nails

Hello beauties! 

It's Monday again! Where did the weekend go? 

Today I have some fun nail art to show you guys. I used some bird feathers that my father in law saved for me. He has different kinds of birds, I don't even know exactly what kind they are since he's always getting new ones. One day I saw how pretty their feathers were so I asked him if he could save me some if they fell off. Well the man ended up giving me a bunch in different sizes. I could only use the small ones though. I didn't want to tell him what I was going to use them for. I could only imagine the look on his face if I told him I wanted them for my nails lol!

Anyway here is the final look I did using the bird feathers. I took indoor and outdoor photos so you could see the feathers.
Outdoor

I did a gradient on index and pinky using Maybelline Color Show Bleached Neons in Lime Accent and Sinful Colors In The Limelight. I wanted the gradient to match the feathers. I stamped over the gradient with M Polish Cayuga using plate BP-80 from bornprettystore.com you can find the plate here.

On the middle and ring finger I used two coats of Zoya Ana. I applied some clear polish (Wet N Wild clear) to make it tacky since it was already dry, then I placed the feather on top and lightly pressed it down. I made sure all sides were stuck and then I trimmed a bit off the remaining feather. I applied a semi thick coat of seche vite to seal in the feather. Once it was fully dry I pressed the remaining bit of the feather down and filed it off using my glass file. One more coat of top coat followed by a matte top coat after it was dry. 

I think that I should've used a darker base under the feathers. I feel like the final result is hard to really see them in the pictures but I really liked how they turned out in real life.

Indoor

I had to take some macros. Ignore the bubbles though!
Feather Macro


M Polish Cayuga 

So what did you guys think of this look? Would you or have you used feathers in a mani before? This is actually the second time I use feathers. The first time I used some that my friend @crooked_mani sent me last year. I still have some of those and should really use them again soon.


I hope you guys liked this look. Thank you for reading. See you next time :)




*No birds were harmed in the making of this mani!


Follow me on Bloglovin
Instagram
Like my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment